|Job Title:||AP administrator|
|REF:||APA - FJ_1655480842|
|Contact Name:||Christine Mclaren|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Our client is currently looking for an AP administrator who will be the process owner for delivery of agreed finance processes within specific Finance Discipline that support the provision of finance services to the business, to the Company, or to other relevant internal stakeholders. Good knowledge of processes, systems, policies and procedures within scope of the role; and well established relationships with key customers to ensure provision of timely, accurate financial and other management information; to resolve or escalate queries as appropriate; to ensure compliance with applicable internal controls, and to otherwise ensure delivery of an efficient, effective service within own sphere of influence.
Expected to have acquired a level of technical competence through previous work experience and/or external qualifications, relevant to the scope of the role, to ensure delivery of successful process outcomes, with limited need for day-to-day supervision or management. May also be required to supervise activities of less experienced or junior team members performing similar process activities.
- Responsibility: Works independently within established guidelines, defined procedures and direction, having received appropriate training on relevant systems, scope and requirements of the role.
* Complexity: This role will be the responsible owner of an agreed set of finance processes, within agreed timescales and deliverables, which may include Financial Accounting (e.g. General Ledger accounting, Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable processes), Financial Reporting and Analysis (e.g. management reporting, budgeting, variance analysis, cost and profitability analysis); or other process-oriented activities to support Finance Specialist areas, such as Tax or Treasury (e.g. Tax reporting and compliance, Treasury cash management, transaction reporting or compliance activities)
* Business impact: Works reliably, competently and accurately to ensure that key finance processes are operated as expected by management, within defined control framework, and that business information used for decision-making, performance reporting and business partner positions (such as banks, customers and suppliers) are accurate and reliable.
* Problem-solving: Responsible for delivery of defined processes and dealing with day-to-day operational queries, with escalation of more complex issues to line management that may otherwise impact successful finance process outcomes or quality.
* Experience and expertise: Suitably experienced and trained to be familiar with applicable generally accepted accounting practice, reporting requirements and objectives, and to deal with other specific technical aspects of the role, including IT systems and tools. Able to communicate confidently with key customers, other team members and line management to inform, update and advise, as required. Likely to be entry-level for Finance Graduates, qualified accounting technicians (or equivalent) or those studying for professional accounting or other relevant finance qualifications.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.