Working within our Finance department, the Accounts Payable Assistant will primarily be involved with the logging, investigation and settlement of supplier invoices. This includes processing and querying supplier invoices both with internal Country Specialists and external suppliers, before they are passed for payment.
There will also be an opportunity to get involved with other parts of the finance function, supporting and covering the team with other transaction processing work as necessary.
The Accounts Payable Assistant will be required to communicate with Country Specialist staff and external Suppliers. They may also be required to cover their colleagues duties in the event of any absences within the Finance department. Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is the companies finance system.
- Logging and processing accounts payable invoices
- Liaising with country specialist teams where queries exist on invoices
- Communicating with suppliers where queries exist or refunds are required
- Supporting the team to ensure invoices are processed prior to the monthly preparation of management accounts
- Reconciling monthly statements for flight purchases
- Posting of direct debits and rejected payments into the AP ledger
- Filing and any other ad hoc duties as required
- Previous experience of working within an accounts payable role would be advantageous
- Self-motivated with an eye for detail
- Pro-active and able to use own initiative
- Flexible team player and willing to take on additional tasks
- Able to work to tight deadlines & within a busy environment
- Desire to learn and develop skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong communication skills
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.