Indirect Tax Accountant-VAT
12 month FTC
Competitive package & Benefits
Reading\Hybrid- (2-3 days per week in office)
We are seeking an experienced Indirect Tax Accountant -VAT Manager to join our client's dynamic finance team. This is a critical role responsible for providing expert guidance on VAT matters, ensuring compliance, and contributing to process improvements.
Purpose of the Role:
As VAT Manager they will have responsibility for advising the business on VAT matters as well leading various VAT/business projects.
The role reports into the Senior VAT Manager. The expectation is that the successful candidate will have the experience and knowledge to be able to work independently from the Senior VAT Manager with minimal input required.
The role will require relationships to be built quickly with various other functions in the business such as Core Finance, IT, Legal, Procurement, Commercial, Marketing and Sales
Experience needed for the role:
- CTA qualified (Chartered Tax Advisor) or recognised qualifications in accountancy or taxation.
- At least 6 years previous Indirect Tax experience.
- Prior experience in dealing with HMRC.
- An engaging individual able to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external advisors.
- Ability to analyse problems and apply innovative solutions.
- Provide VAT support and input on project implementation, including contributing to business requirements and user testing
- Supporting and resolving VAT queries received from the business & undertaking contract reviews where required.
- Leading VAT and business projects & resolving and managing HMRC enquiries.
- Preparation of correspondence for HMRC in relation to VAT projects.
- Identification and implementation of improvements to processes where possible.
Should you be keen on the role, please drop you CV to email@example.com
Should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your applications as unsuccess
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.