Development operations Lead
The DevOps Lead manages the end-to-end DevOps delivery to strategically add value at scale to the organisation
through automation, continuous Integration and shorter delivery cycles. The role leads, mentors and develops DevOps
Engineers and liaises across application development, release management, and operations teams.
The role accelerates our change cycle in order to ensure suitable cloud data products are delivered In line with
business and platform needs. The individual will be able to rapidly understand business functions and processes,
should have good communication, stakeholder management skills and, should be organized and able to manage
multiple requirements in parallel.
- Manage the team responsible for implementation of DevOps strategy and automation pipelines on Azure
* Build, continuously improve/scale, and maintain infrastructure to optimise our data products and pipelines
* Technical SPOC for our Business Partners from initial automation concept, through into BAU support
* Design, implementation and monitoring of our CI/CD pipelines covering code build and deployment
* Drive and mentor data engineering teams to ensure strategic data product outcomes to reduce technical debt
* Automate the provision of our front-line applications into containers across multiple technologies
* Drive the design, development, test, optimisation, and deployment of stabile data solutions to Azure
* Liaise daily with Product Leads, Infrastructure, InfoSec and Service operations teams to resolve issues
* Ensure we deliver the right support documentation, processes and supplier handoffs into BAU
* Line manage, continuously improve, certify and mentor data and DevOps engineers
- 5+ years proven experience in automation with commercial knowledge of best engineering and data practices
* Experience with the management, mentoring and development experience with data and devops engineers
* Azure DevOps, Terraform, Puppet/Ansible, Kubernetes and multi-cloud experience (Azure, AWS, GCP) key
* Exposure to Cloud Data Warehouses and Data Lakes, Kafka, Snowflake, DBT; ML and AI extremely useful
* Excellent communication (verbal and written), stakeholder management and able to challenge the status-quo
* Familiar with Agile, Scrum, Kanban delivery approaches with prior experience in product-driven teams
* Experience working collaboratively with InfoSec, Networking, Infrastructure and Engineering teams useful
* Prior experience with automated testing and release management approaches of particular Interest.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Change Communications Lead - Transformations
Design Engineering Lead
Transmission Performance Manager
Change Enablement Analyst - (Remedy)