Role: Data Scientist
Location: Reading (Hybrid)
Exciting permanent opportunity for Data Scientists with one of the leading telecom brands in Reading.
The Data Scientist supports end-to-end data science projects, whilst collaborative with product engineers and data engineers to design and build algorithms to Improve decision making, optimizing constraints and Improving predictions.
They derive Innovative approaches and understanding through the application of data science techniques on structured and unstructured data and have a pivotal role in Identifying, Innovating and developing data products that drive revenue growth, operational efficiencies or risk/fraud reduction.
- Accountable for developing ML/AI solutions that leverage our business (BSS) and network (OSS) data efficiently
- Accountable to source, extract and transform data assets into data models that deliver front-line impact
- Drive the right customer outcomes using the Data Science Toolkit and Data Science life-cycle
- Apply structured and analytical problem-solving and learn new business and technology skills on-the-job
- Prepared to challenge the status-quo and to push-back where AI/ML is not the answer to the question.
- Enable cost-effective design, development, test, optimisation, and deployment of data science solutions
- Support Business Partners with requirements, tier-3 solution support, model remediation and training
- Understand, align and expand existing solutions ensuring reuse and continuous improvement of data
- Input into planning, estimation and prioritisation within an agile framework to fulfil the backlog
- Line manage, continuously improve, educate, certify and mentor 'citizen data scientists' across our business
- Collaborate with data analysts, data engineers, business SMEs and product engineers to innovate successfully
- Intermediate knowledge of a cloud-based data science toolbox and life-cycle which has driven business benefit
- Expertise in 2 or more relevant languages (Python, R, Scala) and proven cloud data engineering skills
- Proven ownership of build and validation of advanced models/algorithms that solve a core customer issue
- Recent experience delivering AI/ML and NLP solutions in Databricks with tangible business benefits desired
- Great SQL, data preparation, visualisation, code control and cloud deployment experience (Azure Is Ideal)
- A PhD (or equivalent research experience) with >2 years of commercial experience as a practicing data scientist
If this looks interesting, click on APPLY!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Master Data Analyst
Data Center Engineer
Deputy Data Protection Officer
Chinese speaking _ Data Center Engineer
MASTER DATA ANALYST - HYBRID - CONTRACT - READING
Deputy DPO - Privacy Lawyer