Job Description - Data Analyst
The Data Analyst has a key role in the end-to-end product delivery within a specific business domain of specialism and/or with knowledge of specific Three applications, databases, or processes within the IT estate.
This role operates as a mixture of 'data engineer' and 'business analyst' supporting data product delivery between the business and Internal technical teams (i.e., product engineers and scientists). The role supports the change cycle in order to ensure suitable data products are delivered in line with business and platform needs.
The Individual will be able to rapidly understand business functions and processes, should have good communication, stakeholder management skills and, should be organized and able to manage multiple requirements in parallel.
A core knowledge of data, data manipulation, data quality, SQL and data modelling as well as the ability to support development is absolutely key.
- Supporting the change & development cycle in order to ensure suitable data products are delivered on time and budget
* Ensuring estimations, requirements and solution intent are in the best interests of Three and its data assets
* Supporting data quality, data management and process simplification activities data product go-live
* Supporting teams with solution support, analysis, data remediation and ad hoc data queries
* Understanding, aligning and expanding the capability/usage of Three data products and cloud data platforms
* Supporting the design, development, testing and deployment of data product solutions sprint-by-sprint
* Supporting the optimisation of database and engineering designs
* Educating and certifying business users on self-service tools and data preparation/query best practices
- Generating weekly and daily reports and supporting reporting activities
* Supporting data scientists with data product development at times of peak demand
- Proven experience in data, process and systems analysis, business liaison in a B2B/B2C or Telco business
* Ability to rapidly understand data warehouses (e.g., AWS, Azure), data pipelines, database design, modelling, and cataloguing
- Competent programming with a scripting language (e.g., Python, R)
- Experience of writing SQL scripts in a mainstream database environment
- Extensive numeracy, statistical and SQL skills. Exposure to Office365 and DBT, Microsoft Visual Code desirable
- Experience analysing and presenting data in Data Visualisation Software packages (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau), and creating/maintaining associated data warehouse/structure
* Strong ability to extract, blend and analyse complex data from different data sources, including translating outputs into key insights to inform business decisions and prioritisation
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), stakeholder management and able to challenge the status-quo
* 5+ years of delivery success across multiple projects, platforms, and product deliveries in a commercial setting
* Proven implementation credibility across Lean, Agile, Scrum and Kanban delivery models in a cloud-1st environment
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Finance Analyst (6 month Contract)
Financial Data Specialist
Commercial Finance Analyst
Change Enablement Analyst - (Remedy)
Estate Management Surveyor - Telecoms/Mobile