Role: Associate Accountant
Type: 3 months - Might extend
Location: Reading (Hybrid)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Associate Accountant to join the Wholesale Finance team of one of the leading telecommunications brand, who are responsible for the accounting of wholesale costs and revenues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Your focus will be supporting international roaming accounting and settlement. The role will be heavily involved in maintaining the accounting controls at month end and progressing any settlement or reporting issues together with being a strong point of contact between the client and the Financial Clearing House.
The role covers financial accounting, invoicing, analytics, and the implications of FX in contracts and agreements. Commercial insights will be gained, working closely with Commercial Finance (providing value adding analysis) and Group (to expedite the more difficult settlements).
Main responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility for reporting of international roaming accruals at month end
- Run the Historical Correction process in month to true up gross and discount values from previous months. Present and agree updates with Commercial Finance.
- Manage the local review and agreement of discount settlement reconciliations proposed by Group, collaborating at regular progress meetings with Opco counterparts and updating local progress and issues on Group Sharepoint system.
- Take responsibility for the exchange of relevant debit and credit notes once discount reconciliations have been agreed by all Opcos.
- Working closely with the Financial Clearing House, manage the settlement of outstanding IR receivables and payables with a priority focus on reduction of "greater than 90 days" balances.
- Play a leading role in the weekly meetings with Group to decide escalation routes and progression of issues particularly relating to settlements.
- Maintain and update monthly balance sheet reconciliations and additional analysis relating to control account variances, including invoice vs accrual variances and FX revaluations.
- Prepare cyclical KPI report and provide insightful commentary for management review.
- Raise adjustment and FX journals as advised by the Senior Accounting Manager and provide updates to impacted teams.
- Prepare monthly Funding Request payment pack to settle liabilities with foreign operators. Collaborate with Commercial Finance and Fraud teams for any payments to be withheld.
- Prepare both a daily and weekly report of IR cost and revenue activity for circulation to commercial and fraud teams. Update and distribute "Traffic to Blocked Partners" report.
- Frequent involvement in ad-hoc projects is a big part of the role particularly analysis of the control environment outputs and individual partner activity.
- Continually review and streamline processes to improve controls and relevance of analysis for key stakeholders.
- Establish a regular forum with internal stakeholders to discuss any ongoing disputes and issues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
The role would suit someone who can demonstrate strong analytical ability, operate in a fast-paced environment with a keen interest in commercial implications of contractual decisions, risks and exchange rate fluctuations yet keen to ensure attention to qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA).
- Highly numerate and analytical with a keen eye for detail
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent MS Excel skills (including pivot tables, vlookups, charts etc).
- Proficient with MS Office Software
- Strong accounting and reporting skills
- Comfortable with report writing and presenting to a senior management audience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Is energized, self-driven and keen to learn
If this looks interesting, click on APPLY!
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Oracle Accounts Payable Administrator
FINANCE ANALYST - Fully Qualified ACCA|ACA|CIMA