Assistant Commercial Finance Analyst
Reading/ Hybrid working
MBNL is jointly owned by EE and Three, two of the UK's leading and most innovative mobile operators. Since established in 2007 as the industry's first network-sharing joint venture, MBNL has been providing best-in-class mobile infrastructure services to EE and MBNL is jointly owned by EE and Three, two of the UK's leading and most innovative mobile operators. Since established in 2007 as the industry's first network-sharing joint venture, MBNL has been providing best-in-class mobile infrastructure services to EE and Three for serving their tens of millions of customers in the UK. Working at MBNL means being part of a team where you feel connected, valued and supported.
MBNLs Commercial Finance team are currently recruiting for an Assistant Commercial Finance Analyst with a desire to become a fully qualified accountant. The role purpose is to support the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst in providing financial management to help achieve the company's financial objectives and to progress to become a qualified accountant.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Work towards an appropriate accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA or similar).
- Unique role financially supporting various areas of the business including T&A, Legal & Commercial, Deployment, H&S, IT, Security, Operations.
- Support the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst on Finance Month end tasks. In particular, preparing and posting journals, producing variance analysis reports to support the justification of accruals, and completing post month end reconciliations.
- Deliver to our Accounting policies to ensure balance sheet accrual and prepayment reconciliations, cash forecasting is completed in a timely manner.
- Work with the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to produce the month end Financial Reporting packs for review meetings with shareholders.
- Support the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst during the forecasting and budgeting processes. To Investigate forecasting variances with the Operational and Programme teams and continuously improving the assumptions in the forecast.
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to ensure all governance processes are followed.
- Support on financial closure with T&A delivery team including cleansing assets and reallocating costs to ensure accurate data is provided to the fixed assets team to capitalise assets within the fixed asset register.
- See through the completion of the T&A acceleration process by liaising with appropriate stakeholders and posting monthly journal transfers.
- Responsible for financial review and approval of purchase orders. Ensure costs are correctly allocated and challenging the business from a cost perspective.
- Drive back-end and front-end strategy of minimising GRNI (Goods receipting not invoiced) as minimising excess Open PO cover.
- Assist in operating the Escrow process in collaboration with the Site Running commercial finance team. Responsible for financial review of escrow requests of external solicitor fees and other legal fees.
What we are looking for:
- Unqualified / Part qualified accountant - ACCA, CIMA or similar.
- Strong excel and I.T. ability.
- Strong academic background.
- Initiative and pro-active "can-do" attitude.
- Resourcefulness, getting or finding information and filling in the gaps.
- Strong team player.
- Attention to detail.
MBNL - building strength through inclusion
At MBNL we embrace equality, diversity and inclusion. People are at the heart of everything we do and collectively we strive to create an environment where everyone can flourish. By fostering an inclusive environment, we are championing each other's uniqueness.
Inclusion & Diversity within MBNL will unlock innovation and continue to evolve how we work, to help us deliver world class infrastructure for our Shareholders and their customers.
We will work creatively to offer flexible working arrangements, (like non-standard hours, part-time, remote working). We want to support you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
MBNL are proud recipients of the Armed Forces Covenant Gold Award, and Disability Confident accredited.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.