|Job Title:||Workspace Experience Manager - Hospitality Services|
|Contact Name:||Rassin Wurie|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Workspace Experience Manager - Hospitality Services
12 Month FTC
About The Company
My client, based in Berkshire, are a leading high-end workspace facilitator who create beautiful, professional, flexible workspaces. They offer hotel-like hospitality and members' club style service combining the best of co-working, serviced offices, fine hotels and hospitality. Creating a product and service level that enables their residents to focus on what they do best - developing their business - while we take care of everything else.
About The Role
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of managing two high-end luxury floors and the experience of House Residents. In addition, you will be tasked with constantly challenging the current operation and implementing new opportunities to deliver best-in-class hospitality. Also having overall responsibility for ensuring that the House is operated and maintained to maximise profitability while ensuring that policies and procedures are adhere to.
- Ensure that the site is always effectively managed and staffed to the correct PAR levels and manage the efficient day-to-day operation of the site.
- Ensure that the environmental of the unit i.e. lights, music, temperature and ambience is appropriate to resident's profile, time of day and standards set.
- Responsible for monitoring daily pre and post opening procedure standards (setup and clean-up).
- Evaluate employee performance and identify hiring and training needs.
- Communicate and reinforce all company standards, policies and procedures as laid out by their Values and Vision.
- To ensure and accept responsibility for the resolution of all challenges and enquiries directed to you by Residents and staff whether resolved personally or with assistance.
- To have in depth understanding of all FOH procedures, processes and IT systems used to manage Residents, operations and the building.
- Responsible for overseeing stock control, ordering and deliveries.
- Oversee the Concierge process for maintaining a service delivered by external parties, including, but not limited to: housekeeping, florists, laundry and dry cleaning, catering, business support services, maintenance, personal trainers, massage therapists, etc. and coordinate Resident's use of all such services.
- To keep all informational databases updated at all times.
Finance and Administration
- To adhere to budgetary and expenditure constraints and ensure awareness among other members of staff; Ensure that site financial targets are set and communicated to all members of the team.
- Responsible for overseeing the ordering of all goods and services.
- Maintaining a close liaison with the Accounts Department with regards to the resolution of all payment queries.
- Have a good understanding of the site management accounts, attend monthly financial meetings and account for discrepancies within these accounts.
- Responsible for the achievement and maintenance of Gross Profit Margin targets.
- Ensuring that all business disposable and operational equipment is effectively controlled.
- Pro-actively identify and solve problems that affect sales and profit with help of the Operations and Marketing teams.
- Responsible for all invoices regarding building management and Resident fees.
Leadership and Management
- To encourage morale and performance with hospitality focused service, in line with their brand pillars.
- To always deal with staff and customers in a polite, professional and pleasant manner.
- To ensure that the safety and security of staff, Residents and premises are assured at all times.
- Assist in ensuring all staff and management are made available to attend appropriate training courses when provided.
- Delegate effectively to staff, ensuring that they are given the opportunity to progress in their roles, including completing effective appraisal processes.
- Ensure good communication with all staff by holding regular staff meetings to update on issues, forthcoming events and any news for the coming weeks.
- Ensure that the staff comply with all legislation regarding Health & Safety, Fire Safety and licensing laws at all times.
- Working closely with the Marketing department in implementing and communicating any new or existing marketing strategies.
- To be aware of the competition.
- Induct new members of staff and monitor during their probation period.
- Conduct regular appraisals of all site staff.
- Ensure that assistant GEMs of your site are aware of company procedures regarding employment and that effective resolution of any corrective action necessary is taken swiftly and appropriately. Work in close cooperation with the HR on any staff issues.
Security, Health & Safety, Maintenance
- Ensure that all legislative training is completed within the required time scale and recorded legitimately.
- To adhere to Health & Safety requirements and regulations within the workplace and to re-emphasise these to all staff.
- Conduct monthly H&S meetings and internal audits when required.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct, both personally and among the team.
- Monitor maintenance of premises and equipment on a regular basis and report recommended actions to the Operations team.
- Ensure swift investigation in the event of an accident and take appropriate action.
Residents and Culture
- Developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships with colleagues and Residents.
- Fostering a professional and productive work environment, by having knowledge of Residents and their business needs; aiding, networking and generally going above and beyond to ensure a positive experience for all Residents.
- Conduct viewings with potential Residents and assist the Sales team with sales process.
- Be proactive with events programme and management of each House, assisted by the Events team.
- Lead on culture and partnerships through meaningful connections within the network.
- Induct new Residents and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Manage Residents off-boarding process.
- Possess in depth knowledge of the product, including the base product, optional additions and wider offering.
- Ensure that all complaints are handled effectively and efficiently and are reported to Head of Operations.
- 3+ years' experience as a manager in the hospitality, retail or co-working industry
- Good organisation skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Individual with enviable customer service skills
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.