|Job Title:||Wintel Infrastructure Analyst/Architect|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Paul Read|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Wintel Infrastructure Analyst/Architect
My global IT outsourcing client is looking for a contract Wintel Infrastructure Analyst / Architect to assist on a large cloud-to-cloud migration from OpenStack to Microsoft Azure.
You role will be to provide Wintel subject matter expertise. Working in collaboration with our Managed Service Provider you will ensure successful migration of systems and services to the target environment.
Key skills: Microsoft Windows Infrastructure , Active Directory & File Services. Exposure to Azure would be beneficial.
- Act as the Wintel subject matter expert in the project
- Provide Wintel technical expert advice and consultancy to the wider business
- Provide oversight and governance of the design and implementation of Wintel solutions ensuring they are suitable for the business and aligned to industry good practice
- Act as an effective liaison point between the technical delivery team and the wider business for your SME area to support the overall migration
- Translate the business/application requirements in to technical specification to be supplied to the Managed Service Provider for implementation
- Support the smooth migration of Windows infrastructure services (File Services and Active Directory)
- Support the Lead Architect with the migration of systems from OpenStack to Microsoft Azure
- Assist with migration planning, preparations and cutover activities
- Participate in technical migration workshops as required
- Collaborating with Managed Service Provider to ensure successful migration
For further details on the role, please forward your up to date CV now or call Paul Read at Project People 01179087000
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.