Wintel Engineer - DV Cleared
Permanent or Contract
My client is URGENTLY looking to hire a Wintel Engineer candidate on either a Contract or Permanent basis. The Wintel Engineer will be self-sufficient and have recognised specialist skills in supporting multiple products for multiple customers in order to maintain the availability and security of the service. The Wintel Engineer will deliver medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects and have the ability to understand complex situations and activities.
- Work within a team as an established systems/product/security specialist (e.g. detailed knowledge of the configuration of interlinked systems, implementing technical changes, building software regimes and contributing technically to service development) to support end users.
* Follow established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
* Recognise opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation for other team members to resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Work within the team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
* Establish working relationships with customer's organisation to deliver and enhance the service.
* Take ownership in obtaining the information, evidence and data required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems (new and known), Escalates or gains support where appropriate. Proactively analyses, trends and reports on information (e.g. on performance service levels) in a timely manner to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
* Train and coaches members of the team to provide knowledge, assistance and advice. Works in a problem solving team to resolve service issues. Able to stand in for team manager.
* Understand the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service. Recognises and reports opportunities for additional business.
* Maintain awareness of technical and service developments, taking the initiative to extend own knowledge to learn about products, technologies and techniques to deliver enhanced service.
Due to the nature of the work the successful WINTEL Engineer will need to hold security clearance to DV Level
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.