Window Server Support
Are you a knowledge leader in Windows server support with the ability to support less experienced staff and perform varied and complex technical and professional activities and investigations? Can you take an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving? Do you have proven experience in a support role preferably at 2nd line level? Do you have experience leading teams?. Can you administer windows servers running 2008, 2012 and 2016? Are you able to configure Windows Domain Infrastructure including Active Directory, Keytabs, DNS, DHCP and Public Key Infrastructure? Can you work with VMWare and Hyper-V?? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology?
We are looking to grow our team with committed people to providing outstanding windows server support skills for our customers across the region. We are looking for a Windows server support engineer to add experience, knowledge and leadership qualities to our team. The role will involve support of windows servers running 2008, 2012 and 2016, administration of Windows Domain Infrastructure including Active Directory, Keytabs, DNS, DHCP and Public Key Infrastructure and scripting utilising Visual Basic and/or Powershell.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
* Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
* Service Level. Manages systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Project Work. Leads technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation or workshops.
* Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
* Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyzes information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
* Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Stands in for the manager if needed.
* Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
* Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Network Architect - Impact Assessment SME
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Site Access Delivery
Location: Berkshire, England
Salary: £1 - £2 per annum
Service Operations Manager
Location: Berkshire, England
Network Engineer - Design - Security Cleared - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Service Operations / Incident Management Specialist
Location: Reading, Berkshire