|Job Title:||Windows Integrator - Windows - Dublin|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|REF:||FJS - WinLin1_1576750841|
|Contact Name:||Patrick McNamara|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
Senior Windows Integrator - Windows - Linux - Dublin
Are you a Senior Windows Integrator with solid experience of developing and maintaining Windows within large environments? If so, then please apply to a brand new contract position based in Dublin working for one of the world's most innovative ICT Services Providers.
The Senior Windows Integrator will help to develop and maintain a mixed platform that includes both Windows and Linux. Initially you will be working within a larger team where most of the focus is on the Linux component of the environment, however the Windows aspect is now growing considerably.
Experience of working in mixed environments is ideal but not essential. You should have some experience of working in Linux, or at least be interested in learning as you will be interacting with Linux on a daily basis.
As the Senior Windows Integrator you will:
- Integrate, test, package, various hardware / software solutions on Windows
- Perform installation and testing of different hardware by including Drivers and Software
- Investigate identified defects, perform deep debugging, compiling bugs, solve problems
- Windows packaging
- Development and implementation of RFCs (Request For Change)
- Documentation of the product
You will ideally have experience and expertise in most of the following areas:
- Creation of "golden image" before roll-out (DISM, WinPE, virtual disks and virtual machines)
- Good understanding of the interaction between hardware, firmware, operating system, drivers and software
- Software and driver packaging for automated installation (MSI, Wix)
- "Tweaking" of Windows to meet specific requirements
- Development of modules and scripts in Powershell
- Windows security (OS hardening, firewall, network)
- Windows policies (poledit)
- Patching and upgrading Windows OS (MSU, WSUS)
- License management / activation for Windows, "best practice" (KMS)
- Easier MSSQL Server administration (installation, backup, recovery - DBA not necessary)
- General troubleshooting in Windows, such as performance issues
- Deeper troubleshooting when problems occur in operating systems or interfaces to applications
If this role is a good match for your skills and abilities, please respond by sending your most up to date CV- alternatively please contact Patrick McNamara at Project People on +44 (0)117 9087000 or email via: email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.