We are looking for a talented Visualisation Analyst to join our new and growing Digital Analytics and Insights team. You will be focussed on developing interactive visual data products that empower colleagues to understand trends quickly, form business outcomes and ask better questions by embedding data at the very heart of their decision making.
Your data solutions and visual dashboards will track how traffic to our website / Apps performs, assess user behaviour patterns to identify improvement opportunities to inform and enhance our KPI's in collaboration with partners from all lines of business to promote their use and enhance digital data maturity through training / workshops, championing the data led approach along the way.
You will be at ease working with business users, capturing requirements, iterative development encompassing data wrangling and automated data / viz solutions using Alteryx and Tableau / Adobe Workspace. Being the first Viz Analyst in the team you with have the opportunity to define the visualisation strategy for Digital as the viz subject matter expert.
Working closely with other members of the Digital Analytics and Insights team covering analytic, visualisation, data instrumentation and business stakeholders to raise the profile and engagement of digital analytics across the organisation.
We're a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it's important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we're committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. This is a Hybrid working opportunity where you will operate from Home and our Reading office with a balance of home and office based working.
A typical day will require
- Curiosity - Working with the business to define the scope of requests by understanding objectives, collaborating constructively in delivering value beyond expectations with the application of technical and business knowledge
* Wrangling - identify, integrate and transform a wide array of data sources such as databases, API's, flat files, connecting online to offline, shaping data in preparation for reporting.
* Creativity - Applying the most appropriate visualisation techniques to complex business problems, develop interactive solutions that highlight key trends / metrics to inform key decisions.
* Story Telling - Bring the insights to life by great story telling and engaging visualisations to help inform decision making
* Action - Active member of the Digital Analytics and Insight team building the team brand and championing digital data skills across the team
- Develop compelling visualisations that track core metrics, provide a deep understanding of customer journeys across the company's digital estate to monitor product / feature development and marketing performance
* Engineer data pipelines that power the visualisations, presented to users through a single portal for a one stop shop reporting suite
* Translate data into visualisations, metrics and goals, synthesizing complex, and ambiguous information in an accessible way for all stakeholders
* Demonstrate compelling storytelling; an ability to tell a complex narrative clearly to influence the audience to act on it
* Development in Tableau / Adobe Workspace for visualisation, Alteryx for data preparation / automation and Snowflake for hosting data deploying dev / test / release cycles
* Develop the visualisation backlog, working with product owners to prioritise delivery
* Create, manage, and enforce visualisation standards to ensure robust and consistent dashboard governance
* Educate and upskill business users on Tableau, Adobe Workspace and Alteryx with regular training / workshop / surgery sessions covering beginner, intermediate to advanced user profiles
* Support the Digital Data Manager in the coordination of the roadmap for Digital Analytics across the company
* Build strong collaboration with our central data teams to leverage platforms and support as and when needed
* Build strong relationships with the end users of digital data and analytics, contributing to the Digital Analytics community across the breadth of the digital estate
* Foster curiosity, creativity and innovative thinking among team members to look externally, challenge assumptions, and promote excellence in a results-driven culture
* Staying up-to-date with the latest news, innovations and trends in visualisation, data automation and technology
- Strong visual design skills in bringing complex insights to life in Tableau, experience with open source visualisation (D3 / RShiny) is a plus
* Advanced expertise in Alteryx for data preparation & automation of workflows
* 2 years of experience in a visualisation role
* At ease working with complex data sets applying strong technical coding skills in SQL for data aggregation. Familiarity with Python / R is a bonus for bespoke data development and visualisation
* Experience with cloud database engines like Snowflake (preferred), BigQuery, Redshift
* Technical experience in digital analytics and associated technologies. We are fully invested in the Adobe stack (Analytics, Launch, Target, Campaign, AEM, AEP coming in Q4)
* Passionate about data visualisation, presenting desperate data sources into a compelling story to drive data led change and develop a data community
* Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
* Self-starter with the ability to demonstrate self-direction, take others on a journey to achieve outcomes
* Collaboration skills to work across the organisation with virtual teams and stakeholders, leading the digital data led agenda
* Strong attention to detail regarding data, data quality and scripting to ensure robust and grounded recommendations are made
* Humble, positive and problem-solving nature
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Finance Analyst - CAPEX
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Compliance Analyst - Financial Services
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Data Insights Analyst - Procurement
Location: Reading, Berkshire