Location - Remote working initially - Should be willing to be based in Reading post-lockdown as business needs require.
Reporting into the Senior Vendor manager, you will be responsible for technical contract management of our client's Network Transformation Programme.
The role will require that the vendor manager works with the Programme team comprising of Architects, Partners and business leads to ensure that the outcomes of the Technology transformation programme are achieved within the appropriate timescales.
The role works as part of a team of five vendor managers working within the Technical Contract Management area.
- Support for day to day governance activities within the Technology transformation programme. Advise on any governance changes that may be required to better support the Partners and Three in delivery of the Technical transformation programme.
- Provide detailed analysis and documentation supporting contractual issues that may occur from time to time.
- Ensure Partner delivery to contract terms.
- Engaging with Partners including software and platform vendors to establish governance and review processes.
- Engaging with Vendors and project teams to document and agree work package content.
- Evaluation of work packages to estimate value for commercial review.
- Complete documentation for work packages to support internal governance.
- Review and management of service governance and assurance metrics.
- Maximising contract value through tight governance and ensuring a continuous improvement mentality to drive optimal benefits
- Contracting of new work packages and change requests through governance processes
- Challenging prices, driving efficiencies through effort documented and expected outcome
- Chair governance meetings and tracking all issues through contractual governance and dispute resolution through legal teams
Skills & Experience
- Strong Vendor / Partner / Supplier management background
- Demonstrable experience of managing vendor delivery against technical contracts in the network/Infrastructure /OSS
- Experience of working within a complex vendor delivery environment with multiple vendors on large programmes.
- Sounds understanding of evaluation and pricing of OSS application development work packages
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.