About The Company
My client, based in the Berkshire area, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the UK. They looking for an experienced Vendor Manager to develop and maintain relationships with their partners to facilitate the vendor management process.
About The Role
You will responsible to build and track specific performance against short, medium and long-term benefit, report and challenge vendor where necessary to stay on track (instigating Service Improvement Plans if appropriate). Collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish and facilitate the provision of forecasted / Demand information to vendors on a regular and accurate basis.
You will also be expected to provide support and input across the whole of the supplier / vendor management lifecycle - from the development of our partner strategies through tender management and the management of contract change for Access & Transport, Infrastructure and Applications.
- Provides a channel for users to request and receive standard services.
- Negotiates service level requirements and agrees service levels with technical teams.
- Monitors service delivery, identifies and implements actions to maintain or improve levels of service.
- Reviews service delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met cost effectively and prepares proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service.
- Negotiates with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services.
Skills & Experience Needed
You will be expected to have relevant technical expertise for the domain to objectively review and where appropriate challenge the Partner Statements of Work and solutions. Using commercial and technical expertise, utilise problem solving skills and be able to collaborate with the Partners at the appropriate level to achieve win / win outcomes within the framework of the contractual obligations.
- Leadership and managerial experience at a senior level demonstrating strong stakeholder relationship management. Demonstrates the ability to bring thought leadership to their area, decompose problems, collaborate, deliver sound decision making and communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to develop, coach and motivate people, recognise gaps and build plans to develop capability. Experience in building empowered, trusted teams.
- Has clear experience of their domain with knowledge of technologies, frameworks and standards and how to successfully apply these, through improvement roadmaps, to drive incremental maturity improvements and outcomes.
- Understanding of marketing led / consumer brands and the importance of customer experience. Able to demonstrate working in a service orientated environment and the importance of this in product development. Will understand the end to end workings of our business and the impact of key trading and operational decisions
- Able to advise on and support the creation of strategies and visions with a proven record of translating these into operational plans that maintain a people and customer experience focus. Can demonstrate ability to adapt plans to changing needs.
- Will have a background on using insight and tracking performance to enable quality decision making, and will be able to articulate the benefits or drawbacks of such decisions
- Proven record of working in an ambiguous, fast paced delivery environment showing an ability to handle ambiguity and differing speeds of change. Can show being comfortable problem solving without knowing all the answers. Will be able to show experience of working across multi domains to take a more enterprise wide view.
- Will have clear experience of working in a role managing complex operations and changes whilst being accountable for their budgets and value realisation. Will have solid financial acumen.
- Background of working in a heavily partnered environment where delivery success is highly reliant on the capabilities of our partners and our ability to support and deliver those outcomes together.
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.