2nd Line Platform Support Technician / Systems Technician
Contract - Onsite
Working hours are Monday to Friday 1.30pm to 10pm with no on call responsibilities. There may be a requirement to work outside of these hours to suit customer needs.
Do you see yourself as a key team member of one of the world's most successful ICT Services and Solutions companies?
Leading IT Services Provider require a skilled 2nd Line Platform Support Technician to join their team based in Edinburgh.
- Progressing end user incidents referred from the Service Desk using approved tools and in compliance with the Incident process.
- Telephone contact with end users.
- Investigating and diagnosing technical issues passed over from Service Desk.
- Working with Tech Leads and other team members on mitigation and resolution of the incidents.
- Resolving or transferring incidents to appropriate Support Groups.
- Applying timely and accurate updates to assigned incidents.
- Tracking SLA expiry times and resolving incidents within SLA deadlines.
- Updating knowledge documents and raising request for new KSDs.
- Identifying incident trends and potential service improvements and communicating them via the appropriate channels.
- Previous experience in a customer facing 2nd Level support role
- Background in end user support and customer service environments
- Good Microsoft Office 365 knowledge
- Good Microsoft Azure knowledge
- Good Windows10 knowledge
- Knowledge of Windows 2012 and 2016 Server technologies
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- Willingness to learn and develop IT knowledge
- Ability to analyse issues and identify the best solutions within SLA.
- Knowledge of Microsoft VBA, Powershell scripting skills
- Exposure to Citrix Technologies
- Exposure to vSphere.
- Exposure to Microsoft Virtulisation, Appv5, HyperV technologies
- Understanding of ITIL processes
Please apply via this site in the first instance, or send a CV with a covering note to Amber.Lowman@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.