|Job Title:||Transmission Support/Operations Engineer - Contract - Berkshire|
|Contact Name:||Fred Cope|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Transmission Support/Operations Engineer - Contract - Berkshire
Mobile Operator in Berkshire require a skilled Transmission Network Support Engineer on an ongoing contract basis.
- Providing 3rd level technical support for Transmission equipment in a multi-vendor environment.
- Providing out-of-hours on-call support cover as part of the 24x7 on-call rota.
- Troubleshooting logged faults in order to accurately isolate the cause, taking corrective action to minimize the impact of faults when they occur.
- Liaising with vendors where necessary in order to resolve vendor related issues and monitor progress through to resolution.
- Supporting the implementation of new equipment and the ongoing maintenance, and configuration of existing systems.
- Supporting project deliveries from engineering, review design documentation, implement solutions, and subsequently deploy configuration.
- Developing, documenting and refining best practice and standard operating procedures/processes to improve the management of Transmission infrastructure.
- Building good working relationships with staff from all areas of the business to consistently achieve the best results.
- Reviewing and approving Transmission network change requests.
What experience do you need?
- Relevant technical qualification or a minimum of 3 years' experience network management, and or Telecoms field Engineering/Commissioning role.
- Excellent understanding of SDH and DWDM.
- Strong hands on experience with Ciena CPL and OME6500, Huawei U2000 and OSN6800.
- Unix knowledge and Timepictra Sync Management.
- Flexibility in approach to work and willingness to learn new technologies.
- An organised approach to fault finding and ability to take responsibility.
- Exposure to ITIL and a change management process to deliver network service changes through either internal or external implementation teams.
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.