|Job Title:||TRANSMISSION STRATEGY ARCHITECT - 5G|
|Contact Name:||Robert Hudson|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Exciting new role available with a leading telco, based in Berkshire - as Transmission Strategy Architect.
We are looking for a blend of technical knowledge and commercial awareness, to perform a senior level, consultative role.
Must have significant experience in RFI/RFP/RFQ, bids/bid response, tender, consultation, negotiation and sales/pre-sales type duties.
Technical leadership, customer facing presentation skills and a consultative approach - this is not a detailed design function.
As part of a major 5G network transformation, the role will involve defining new, and refining existing, transmission network architectures and strategy to meet network requirements, including but not limited to the following:
- RAN Optical Transmission
- Fronthaul / XHaul transport C-RAN / CPRI
- Passive / Semi Passive and active WDM systems
- RAN Wireless Transmission
- Microwave and mmW technologies
- Spectrum and OFCOM regulatory frameworks
- IP RAN Transport
- Ethernet / IP Cell Site Gateway / IP Pre-Aggregation and Core Edge Aggregation
- Synchronisation - SyncE / PTP
- RAN Technology Connectivity
- Small Cell Connectivity
- Macro & Aggregation Connectivity
- 4G LTE and 5G RAN system requirements
- Transport SDN / NFV / API developments in for Access & Backhaul domains
Regulation and Standards Background
- Experience with dealing with OFCOM on consultation, s135 responses, compiling reports and data
- Awareness of relevantITU/3GPP/NGMN etc standards
- Track key relevant standards and advise pro/cons
Business Case Modelling, strategic justification and business case preparation experience
- 3rd party link provider solutions and product assessment
- BT Wholesale, in particular BT IP VPN and BTW MEAS products
- Openreach products, in particular EAD, OSA-FC and Street connect
- Virgin Media Ethernet Manage Service
- Other 3rd Party providers such as Zayo, City Fibre, Colt and SSE
- Extensive excel network economic modelling
- Collaboration with Finance and Technology design teams
- 3rd Party Data Centre Connectivity
- Participate in Industry engagements and forums
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.