|Job Title:||Transmission Planning Engineer|
|Salary:||Competetive FTC salary + package|
|Contact Name:||Tommy Clifford|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Principle Transmission Engineer
· Activities undertaken by the Principal Transmission Planning Engineer include (but not limited to)
o Project/Team Management and reporting
o Transmission Topology Planning (HLTP)
o Etherway Planning and Order (up to 10GB)
o MW Planning (incl X-PIC, E-Band, Space Diversity)
o Circuit Planning (end to end connectivity)
o Cease of obsolete Etherway and MW (and any associated contracts/licences)
o Tools & Systems DI resolution
o Operational performance resolution (break-fix)
o MW Software Upgrade support (on the day)
o Live performance analysis (fault identification)
o Instruction of LOS Surveys and Tree Lopping (in life management)
o Support TX FOA and NPI activities
· Act as Technical lead, manage strategy, deployment and technical related issues on assigned projects.
· Work closely with Network Design and the Operations function to ensure that such projects are prioritised as appropriate.
· Identification of any planning tool requirements such that they support the delivery of transmission solutions, consolidation and evolution to future technologies.
· Work closely with the Capacity function within the business to ensure that Transmission and Transport capacity requirements are identified early and the technical Committee notified of required investment to meet such requirements.
· Participation in discussions and forums on behalf of the business
· Liaising with suppliers & service providers and acting as key management and technical point of contact.
· Challenge the status quo, keep abreast of the external market and use this to drive continuous improvements and learning.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.