One of our clients, an instantly recognisable Telco brand, are seeking to recruit a Transmission Engineer to work closely with a number of teams in order to provide support for Transmission networks.
As a Transmission Engineer you will have responsibility for integrating new services on the network and work will include link provisioning, line-up and the integration / acceptance of new links. You will be required to test, integrate / accept new hardware / software.
The role of Transmission Engineer will also give you ownership of support prior to acceptance and handover. This includes managing dark fibre, optical hardware and software along with associated network management tools.
In the role of Transmission Engineer your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring Transmission projects are delivered on time and to cost / quality standards
- Provision of support
- Production and approval of technical SLDs
- Review / approve project plans then supporting the implementation of the plan
- Support and perform integration testing
- Creation and maintenance of network documentation
The position of Transmission Engineer will allow you demonstrate and enhance skills within:
- Knowledge of DWDM, OTN and Ethernet technologies
- Background within integration and acceptance of optical equipment in a multi-vendor environment
- Ability to work to milestones and ensure activities are managed effectively
- Working knowledge of Ciena, Huawei and Chronos hardware / software / management tools
- Working knowledge of Layer 2 services and network synchronisation solutions.
To apply for the role of Transmission Engineer please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.