|Job Title:||Transmission Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Tom Irvine|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Do you want the opportunity to work for one of the largest and well know companies in the world?
In this role you will have an eye on the newest technologies coming over the horizon and join a forward thinking market leader.
As a Transmission Design Engineer you will;
- Develop designs for internal customers through influencing and evolving the network design principles and standards. As well as producing designs that seamlessly combine logical and physical considerations to meet the capacity, technology and product requirements for any network size and complexity.
- Provide technical leadership for the Design teams, ensuring architecture and engineering plans for product and technology development align with the customer and business requirements and can be delivered in a cost effective manner.
- Work with key stakeholders across the business, external suppliers and industry bodies to influence technical and financial outcomes. We are looking for someone that will thrive to become a recognised SME within Design, Engineering and Senior Management communities.
- Design and develop large and/or complex transmission network designs ensuring the quality, time and cost objectives are consistently met and the availability of designs and records supports the core network infrastructure build plans and operations requirements
- Deliver all aspects of the transmission network design cost effectively meeting technical requirements and conforming to the architectures & engineering standards, security requirements, management systems, processes and technical accommodation standards for room and rack design.
The ideal Transmission Design Engineer will have;
- Knowledge of Ethernet, ATM, SDH/SONET, Frame Relay, Packet over SDH/SONET, WDM, wireless technologies, Access technologies (DSL, cable, and lease lines), Layer 3 Traffic Engineering and L2 Traffic Management, TDM, xWDM and fibre optical network techniques.
- A strong understanding of IP networks and protocols, including the setting up of MPLS paths, addressing schemes, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, RIP and of signalling protocols such as RSVP and LDP.
- Knowledge of Transmission testing techniques and fibre optic characteristics (e.g. OTDR, ILM, BERT, PMD and CD).
- Technical Consultancy skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts at all levels of the organisation and to external customers and professional/industry bodies.
- Ability to conceptualise and design complex network infrastructure to provide optical fibre and transmission capacity and customer solutions.
- Professional accreditation, such as IET, SCTE IPEP.
- Vendor Certifications, such as Cisco CCDP/CCNP, Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP, Alcatel 3RP/SRA, Ciena Optical transport
- Experience in Network Management, Operation Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS)
- Knowledge of OTN technologies
- Familiarity with ISP platforms, including DHCP/Radius/DNS/Caching and email
- Familiarity with Sun, Unix, Linux and windows platforms
- Significant experience working in Network Design/Support role.
- Inventory Systems (Logical and Physical networks)
This is a genuine opportunity to work alongside some of the best professionals in their field. If this Transmission Design Engineer role sounds right for you then contact firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.