Transmission Design Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen working for a market leading Communications company in Reading on a permanent basis as a Senior Transmission Design Engineer! This opportunity is paying a competitive salary plus benefits and some flexibility for remote/home working.
As Transmission Design Engineer you will pay a key role working closely with key stakeholders, external suppliers and industry bodies to influence technical and financial outcomes. My client are looking for someone that will thrive to become a recognised SME within Design, Engineering and Senior Management communities.
As a Senior Engineer, you will develop designs for internal customers through influencing and evolving the network design principles and standards. As well as producing designs that seamlessly combine logical and physical considerations to meet the capacity, technology and product requirements for any network size and complexity. You will provide technical leadership for the Design teams, ensuring architecture and engineering plans for product and technology development align with the customer and business requirements and can be delivered in a cost effective manner.
What will you be doing:
- Designing and developing of large and/or complex transmission network designs ensuring the quality, time and cost objectives are consistently met and the availability of designs and records supports the core network infrastructure build plans and operations requirements
- Deliver all aspects of the transmission network design cost effectively meeting technical requirements and conforming to the company architectures & engineering standards, security requirements, topologies, management systems , processes and technical accommodation standards for room and rack design.
- Ensure compliance with H&S policies
- You will identify improvements for continual service improvement and re-designs process steps to evolve the end to end process, systems and tools.
Skills and Experience we are looking for
Significant recent experience working as a Transmission Design Engineer with the following:
- Knowledge of Ethernet, ATM, SDH/SONET, Frame Relay, Packet over SDH/SONET, WDM, wireless technologies, Access technologies (DSL, cable, and lease lines), Layer 3 Traffic Engineering and L2 Traffic Management, TDM, xWDM and fibre optical network techniques.
- A strong understanding of IP networks and protocols, including the setting up of MPLS paths, addressing schemes, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, RIP and of signalling protocols such as RSVP and LDP.
- Knowledge of Transmission testing techniques and fibre optic characteristics (e.g. OTDR, ILM, BERT, PMD and CD).
- Technical Consultancy skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts at all levels of the organisation and to external customers and professional/industry
- Ability to conceptualise and design complex network infrastructure to provide optical fibre and transmission capacity and customer solutions.
If you are interested in this permanent opportunity and have the required skills and experience then please submit your CV online.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Network Transmission Architect
Location: Berkshire, England
Transmission Architect - Optical / IP RAN
Location: Berkshire, England
Senior Citrix Engineer - Citrix - Cork
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Bid Infrastructure Architect
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Location: Solihull, West Midlands, W. Midlands, England