|Job Title:||Training and Simulations Project Manager|
|Location:||South West England, England|
|Contact Name:||Lee Kelly|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Title: Training & Simulations Project Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
**The successful candidate will need to have valid or be elligible for UK SC Clearance**
To provide internal project management and project support for a number of Simulation & Training System delivery projects, for clients in the UK and overseas. The role will also deliver support to bid activities for new Simulation & Training projects in the Defence sector.
- Assist Programme/Portfolio Manager with the management of projects and bids, to include the following:
- Produce bid material, including cost estimates and proposal documents
- Plan and schedule projects
- Allocate and manage tasks with project delivery teams
- Attend and manager regular meetings with project delivery teams to track progress. This may include meetings with customers and subcontractors who are part of the delivery team
- Generation of a monthly project pack, including key metrics and information on project progress (e.g. financial status)
- Identify, manage and track project risks and opportunities
- Keep registers of Customer Furnished Equipment/Information and customer dependencies
- Ensure that project documentation is correctly configuration controlled
- Ensure that deliverable items are correctly issued to the customer on time
- Capture and issue meeting minutes
- Generate purchase orders for equipment and subcontracts
- The job will require liaison with external parties, including the customer, subcontractors and suppliers
- The candidate will be required to work both individually, and within a team environment of multi-disciplined specialists and engineering disciplines, to achieve project results and customer deliverables in a timely and accurate manner.
- Engage in Continued Professional Development including attendance at internal and external training courses relevant to the job
Key Result Areas:
Project Management, to Include Customer Interfacing: (70%)
- Carry out project management work in compliance with the Business Management System.
- Agree, allocate and manage tasks with the project delivery team and keep track on progress
- Produce project deliverables to budget and timescale and quality.
- Generate monthly internal project reporting packs to report on project progress to senior management.
Bid and Enquiry Support: (30%)
- Support Bid Managers in accordance with their requirements in compliance with the Business Management System.
- Produce Bid documentation and cost estimates within bid budgets and timescales.
- Schedule and provide input into Bid Reviews and Pricing and Approval meetings as appropriate to the bid scope and programme
- Experience working in a bid environment
- Experience working in a secure environment (SC or above)
- Project Management experience
- Working in a defence media environment preferred
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.