Town Planning Support Specialist
3 Month Rolling Contract
Reading (office) & Home Working
Town Planning Support Specialist - this is a key role supporting the London Town Planning Manager in town planning and gaining planning approval for new Mobile Telecoms sites. We are looking for someone who can bring their experience of town planning (in London) and understanding of planning legislation who can assist at this busy time. You will need to have excellent stakeholder management skills as you will be liaising with external stakeholders, including partners, acquisition specialists, design authorities, London Planning Authorities and Shareholder representatives.
This position will be office based with option to work from home a few days a week.
As Town Planning Support Specialist, your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Gaining Town Planning approvals (street works, or rooftops etc.)
- Answering technical questions coming through from planning partners
- Proof reading planning applications
- Dealing with Local Planning Authorities (LPA's)
- Assessing planning applications
- Interfacing with Partners, Acquisition Specialists, Design Authorities, London Planning Authorities
- Work with Planning Manager to implement strategies to maximise planning consents in London
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience working within a Town Planning position (within London)
- Ideally degree educated within this sector
- Experience of dealing with Local Planning Authorities and similar bodies, particularly in London
- Understanding of Town & Country Planning Legislation, policy and guidance (ideally related to telecommunications and associated developments)
- Demonstrable negotiation skills with ability to persuade and influence
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Confident, and collaborative
If you are interested in this contract opportunity and have the required town planning experience, then please submit your CV on line or email direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.