Tetra/ GSM-R Engineer - Perm - London
The Engineer is responsible for providing the technical skills to support our customers both onsite and remotely. On a day-to-day basis, the focus is on implementing solutions for our customers as well as fault troubleshooting issues reported by the clients.
The Company is an end-to-end telecommunications solutions for fixed and mobile network operators, railway operators, urban transport organizations and companies seeking real-time asset management solutions.
- Use Tetra, GSM-R Core / NSS and Access expertise to deliver and support all related integration and acceptance tasks.
- Coordinate Integration and Acceptance (I&A) activities for projects with involvement of different departments and teams
- Creation, definition and review of test plans with the customer
- Execution of test cases with the customer or independent engineers at the customer location
- Create and track/report/close trouble tickets opened during testing or maintenance.
- Interface with the customer to collect all information required to resolve issue / collect traces on site if necessary
- Participate in 24/7 support rotation.
Relevant experience in technical area along with previous end-to-end integration and/or technical support experience of GSM and / or Wireless telecom technology.
A strong expertise in at least one of the BSS, OAM or Core domains and a solid understanding of an end-to-end wireless network products and protocols is advantageous.
Fundamental to this role:
- Well organized, self-motivated and structured with effective communication skills, you are a solution finder with attention to details. Possess a strong technical acumen with excellent analytical skills.
- Capable to work on GSM(-R) / Tetra cases and drive them to resolution
- Understand and explain complex GSM(-R) technical issues to customers and to different level of management within the company.
- Analyse the performance metrics related to the supported customers in order to keep the level of support as defined in the support contract or, when missed, to provide corrective & improvement action plans
- Negotiate with customers the escalated issues in order to provide them temporary solution/workaround / action plan, as applicable, to keep escalation under control and to keep customer satisfaction at expected level.
- Excellent customer facing experience.
- Full Driving Licence
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.