Test Resource - Contract Role
Provide management guidance and governance to senior internal and external stakeholders across a number of programmes regarding the Test policy throughout the full delivery lifecycle (GRIP 3-8) with the objective of those projects meeting the requirements defined by the IT Support Organisation and agreed by the business.
- Manage internal and external relationships to senior stakeholders to ensure that the Test approach across the GBS delivery lifecycle is in accordance with Customer's test policy and strategy.
- Provide Test expertise to guide and influence internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver an industry standard and appropriate robust Test approach consistently throughout the project lifecycle.
- Resource manages a team of Test Assurance Analysts to assure the Test process and ensure progress is delivered in accordance with the agreed approach between all parties.
- Accountable for governance and progress reporting on the Test Assurance process throughout the assigned project and or programme.
- Accountable for the identification and escalation of Test risks and Issues for the assigned project and or programme.
- Accountable for the creation and collation of agreed metrics and KPI's for the assigned project and or programme.
- Accountable for providing estimation and tracking of Test Assurance costs to both the Test Assurance Manager (Operations) and to the project and or programme delivery managers.
- Accountable for ensuring that Test Assurance plays an active role in the project and programme lessons learned activity
- Collaborates and provides innovation into the wider Test Assurance continuous improvement plans
- Ensure the timely delivery of associated Test Assurance artefacts that form wider the Transition lifecycle
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Extensive experience of managing Test programmes or portfolios of work with complex test requirements whilst utilising appropriate testing techniques, tools and strategies to provide end to end solutions through the delivery lifecycle.
- Good Awareness of key technologies in a typical corporate business environment.
- Experience of managing, influencing and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, and experience of applying a range of delivery, development, and software life cycles, e.g. waterfall, RAD, JAD, DSDM and Agile
- ITIL V3 foundation accredited
- Qualified test practitioner, ISEB/ISTQB Test Foundation essential and Test Practitioner, Certified Tester Advanced Level - Test Manager and / or Test Analyst highly desirable, as well as experience of V model and risk based approaches to testing.
- Demonstrates time and workload management.
- Demonstrates a flexible and pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of industry and professional standards for process maturity.
- Knowledge of the railway industry.
- Project and Programme Management qualification (e.g. APMP, PRINCE2, PMIP).
- Budget and Cost control experience
- Exposure of Continuous Improvement Plans and capability
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Test Manager (with BDD)
Senior Software Engineer - Contract
Location: London, England
Customer Experience Consultant - Contract - Remote
Marketing Director- (Security cleared) - Telford - Contract
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Service Architect- (Security cleared) - Basingstoke - Contract
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire