Remote working initially - Dublin 2/3 days per week post-lockdown
What you'll be doing:
Working as part of a major transformation programme, you will be managing the test activities across a number of work packages.
You will have overall responsibility for the full scope of all testing activities related to the programme and will be expected to implement best practice testing and ensuring that a high-quality professional standard is maintained.
The Testing Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- Supports initiatives related to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and product rollout into production. Testing specialists who work with technology project managers, UAT professionals and users to design and implement appropriate scripts/plans for an application testing strategy/approach.
- Manage 3rd party SIs to ensure E2E testing quality and adherence to entry/ exit criteria
- Establish/ manage test plans comprising test environment, test data, test execution and defect management plans
- Resolves variable and complex issues with substantial potential impact.
- Improves process efficiencies in support of unit objectives; recommends and implements new work procedures.
- Exhibits good understanding of concepts and procedures within own area.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how own area integrates within IT testing and has basic commercial awareness.
- Develops testing standards and ensures compliance to the standards.
- Uses evaluative judgement in complicated or novel situations; uses multiple sources of information.
- Management responsibility for a team or multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Three Ireland
- Very good exposure in test management, execution and defect reporting
Good team player
- Very good verbal and written communication
- Extensive experience within a testing environment.
- In-depth understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle processes.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Telecom services experience preferred.
- Requires communication and diplomacy skills and an ability to persuade and influence.
Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.