TEST ANALYST - CONTRACT - REMOTE
We have an urgent need for a Test Analyst for one of our clients who is a leading Managed Services Provider in the Defence Sector.
Contract: 3 months rolling contract
Test Analyst will be responsible for testing the fixes, change requests and maintenance for major releases
The Test Analyst Role within POA will follow the testing processes detailed in the approved Test Strategy and Major release specific Test Plans in order to generate and execute tests that verify that these changes work and do not impact existing system functionality.
- Knowledge and understanding of the development process and software life cycle.
- Knowledge of testing methodologies.
- Proficiency in manual legacy/cloud/requirements testing.
- Familiarity with writing test documentation, requirements review, creating bug reports.
- Understanding certain marking/scripting/programming languages, required for the project (e.g. JSON, HTML/CSS).
- Ability to describe bugs clearly and accurately.
- Minimum 2-5 years' experience as a Test Analyst in a medium to large company
- ISEB/ISTQB, Agile capabilities
- Test management tools: Zephyr, HP ALM, etc.
- Project management tools: Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Communication tools: Teams, Skype, Zoom, etc.
- Test software to detect bugs and errors.
- Checks whether a product complies with the requirements.
- Tests the system using attention, deduction, and sometimes special software.
- Test analysis of requirements, preparing a query list based on those requirements
- Test creation, test execution, writing and executing test cases to detect functional, usability, process (validation, verification) and performance issues
- Conducting exploratory testing - simultaneous test design and execution
- Verification of multi-device and cross-platform consistency (software works on different devices, browsers, and architecture)
- Creating detailed reports and listing improvements
- Participation in test planning meetings and providing feedback to the testing team.
- Analytical thinking, the ability to systematise information.
- Knowledge of project management systems, electronic document management, and software development life cycle.
- Proficiency in working with large amounts of data, collecting and documenting project requirements.
- Reviewing and writing technical documentation.
- Desire to study new technologies and products.
- Effective work management and communication.
Please apply via this ad in the first instance or send a CV with covering note or contact me on 07587743762 or Balla@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Test Analyst
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Technical Product Owner/Business Analyst
Location: Ulster, County Antrim
Senior Incident Analyst
Location: Reading, Berkshire
IT TECHNICAL AUTHOR /PROCESS ANALYST- CONTRACT-REMOTE
Location: London, England
Senior Applications Architect