|Job Title:||Technology Demand Manager/Early Engagement|
|Duration:||6 month rolling|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
Technology Demand Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technology Demand Manager to join our busy team working for a telecommunications company based in Reading.
The role is part of the Demand Shaping team within the E2E Design and Delivery organisation of Technology and Operations Department, reporting to the Technology Demand Senior Manager.
The Technology Demand Manager will be responsible for co-ordinating work on several opportunities that are going through Consulting and Demand Shaping, to ensure that the business owner gets information on the impact of their initiative in terms of the complexity, best technical solution, cost and duration to implement in the most effective manner.
The Technology Demand Manager will lead a business decision conversation, and if there is approval to continue investment and once the chosen solution is approved by the X-AB, they will align resources (management, technical and funding) to execute the next steps - Evaluation and Delivery.
Key Responsibilities of the Technology Demand Manager include:
- Ensuring that all Business initiatives going through Demand Shaping have a Business owner, sponsor and agreed funding, with an understanding of priority and required delivery dates
- Monitoring progress and reporting on the status of shaping to the Business Owner.
- Reporting and recording data and information points and working with the Demand Performance Specialist to maintain data governance.
- Helping the Business Architects and Technical Architects to remove impediments
- Escalating issues and inputting into Continuous Improvement; taking accountability for team and function performance
- Assignment, facilitation, and effective co-operation of a team of experts to complete Demand Shaping
- Ensuring that all expected outcomes of Demand Shaping have been delivered, including the BRS, High Level Architecture, Very High Level plan and Cost, Domains affected/impacted, as well as the Cost and Duration of the Evaluation phase.
- Ensure that all required inputs into X-AB have been produced by Business/Technical architects
- Preparation, execution, and management of the POL and IB submissions for funding for Demand Shaping, including incremental spend, and when necessary supporting this for Evaluation phase
- Presenting the Shaped opportunity for EG1 approval with Business PM and Tech PM assignment complete and assignment/request for design resources for Evaluation activities
The successful Technology Demand Manager will have:
- Strong experience in project delivery in Telco, experience in managing pre-project estimation/bid work is a bonus
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexibility, pragmatic approach
To apply for the Technology Demand Manager please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Partner/Vendor Manager - Telecoms
Location: South East England, England
Big Data Architect
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Functional Consultant - Data Validation (SAP
Location: Reading, Berkshire