Working with a leading global ICT infrastructure solutions provider who are dedicated to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships,who have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields.
Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
Work location: Ipswich
Part of the Epitaxy team which, as a small unit, requires flexible cross boundary working. This team has the role of supporting the III-V product development and production teams in making innovative devices, working with a team of technicians and engineers in cleanrooms and laboratories, using and developing processes for low pressure MOCVD reactors. It is intended that after an initial training period that this role will move to shift working
- Characterisation of semiconductor material using appropriate tools (on the job training provided);
- Basic operation of one or more MOCVD reactors - (un)loading InP substrates and transferring product to characterisation area
- Grow defined devices according to the recipes provided to allow shipments to customers or evaluation by designers;
- Use the Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to input data as instructed by engineer and/or documentation in order to maintain the process flow
- Work in accordance with the quality and safety policies;
- Support engineers to develop new device processes to meet project schedule requirements
As the individual's skills develop, for the right individual additional skills and responsibilities can be added with appropriate recognition such as:
- Operate MOCVD reactors, adjusting programmes under engineering guidance, and perform maintenance tasks
- Working within technical project team, as appropriate
- Work with engineers to enable transfer to manufacturing to enable ramp ahead of demand = for volume production
- Working with engineers to document new processes effectively
- Maintain safety and environmental information to ensure safe working
- Support activities to ensure smooth and efficient running of the Epitaxy area and equipment
- Experience in running material/product assessment/evaluation tools and accurately recording data.
- Ability to follow detailed written and/or verbal instructions
- Excellent attention to detail and manual dexterity (InP substrates are very fragile).
- Proven ability to take accurate notes relating to the processes.
- Ability to use web-based or bespoke software tools on PC
- HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience in using complex computer controlled systems.
- Experience in MOVPE epitaxy growth systems or similar chemical engineering systems
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.