At NEM Software, we build real-world applications that help realize the promise of blockchain. We are a multicultural startup of dreamers, designers and developers that create disruptive technologies that enable our customers to accelerate their digital transformation. We move fast, fail fast, and dream big.
NEM Software is not for everyone. We work in a geographically-distributed, fast-paced environment that requires constant collaboration; we keep bureaucracy to a minimum, and hold ourselves accountable in our mission. We move as a one team; we under-promise, and over-deliver. We’re customer obsessed, and pride ourselves on our transparency and consistency. If that sounds like your kind of environment...welcome to the team.
The Technical Writers at NEM take care of almost all internal and external written documentation. There is a huge community using NEM’s blockchain so the user guides we write are highly anticipated and get put to use pretty quickly!
Our work has an impact in the developer community too: our tutorials are used equally by multi-million-handling crypto-exchanges, companies and hobbyists to integrate NEM’s technology into their products and pet projects.
Tech Writers work most closely with the software development team, learning how products and APIs function and then writing about it, but also with other departments, helping them whenever they need a clean, concise, accurate and well-structured document.
Some examples of our day-to-day work:
- User guides for NEM’s tools, like the Symbol Wallet. Starting from where to download and how to install, and progressing into step-by- step guides to perform different actions, with screenshots.
- Developer tutorials explaining how to use the different parts of NEM’s SDKs, with code snippets, in different programming languages.
- API reference guides describing accurately what each entry point does, including all its parameters, return values and corner cases, with examples.
- Internal documentation detailing company processes, recommendations, style guidelines, onboarding procedures…
- Monitor product development to detect User Interface errors before products are released, and suggest improvements.
Our current team is quickly getting up to speed on blockchain technology and is looking to add new members who already have experience in this field. In this way, they will educate the rest of the team on this scene’s particular quirks, jargon, memes and history.
You will be expected to:
- Have hands-on experience in blockchain technology.
- Have experience in writing high-quality technical documentation for users and/or developers. Have excellent written English skills and be a fluent speaker too.
- Be comfortable working remotely in a team distributed in different time zones. Be able to study and understand complex topics (up to a certain depth).
- Be passionate about teaching others and help them understand the above topics! Be obsessive about quality.
It will be awesome if you also:
- Have previous technical writing experience in a blockchain company.
- Have experience working on Open Source.
- Have experience with Git, GitHub, Sphinx, Confluence and/or Jira.
- Have experience documenting OpenAPI or GraphQL APIs.
- Have experience in the docs-as-code approach to documentation.
What’s in it for you?
- Work on blockchain technology (NEM’s NIS1) that has been running since 2015 with zero downtime, chain hacks, or major outages, and has been among the top 10 blockchains per trading volume.
- Work on the recently-launched Symbol blockchain, NEM’s next generation technology, faster, more secure and efficient.
- Be part of the company while it is still a startup and grow with it.
- Contribute to Open Source, since most of the company’s codebase and documentation is public.
Device Design Engineer
Location: Reading, Berkshire
24 hour Operations Centre Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Service Desk Agent- Dublin (On-site)
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Salary: Competitive daily rate
SAP S/4 HANA ACCOUNTANT - REMOTE -CONTRACT
Location: London, England
Location: Hampshire, England