Technical Service Managers - Network - Stevenage / Birmingham / Chiswick
My client urgently looking to recruit experienced Technical Service Managers to manage teams of network engineers to complete site network migrations for a global IT services provider. This will be based within our client's locations within Birmingham, Stevenage or Chiswick on a long term contract basis.
The role holder will be required to deliver large scale Network projects and programmes into service using our client's processes, tools and methods. You must be confident in your own network skills and knowledge and have the strength to lead a matrix team of various skilled professionals against challenging timelines to deliver cutting edge network solutions.
You will be expected to manage 3 or 4 engineers per team, co-ordinate pre and post work for the day's sites plus co-ordinate engineers on bridge calls during the day and handing over snags to the snagging team.
In addition to managing a team of people, or virtual team you will also be planning and guiding service delivery, achieving required service levels and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidates will be capable of deploying, managing and developing people, aspiring to deliver impeccable service and control of costs.
Duties will include:
- Coaching and mentoring team.
- Awareness and conformance to all relevant standards.
- All aspects of Performance Management process completed.
- Build relationships with internal peers, stakeholders and customers as appropriate.
- Customer feedback.
- Recognise where risk exists and communicate that risk to the appropriate channels, with a proposal to address the problem.
- Regular review of all service issues and exceptions.
- Encourages the use of best practice across the team, including documenting and sharing with others.
- Adherence to standard processes.
- Maintaining and growing technical skill levels of the team and parallel growth in soft skills, to balance technical capability.
You will ideally have the following skillsets:
- Excellent background in Networks and migrations.
- Strong experience of project implementation.
- Proven track record of leading teams of engineers.
- Good service delivery experience.
- Ability to control a team via a bridge call.
- Possess excellent communication and co-ordination skills.
If you are interested in making an application please contact Patrick McNamara on (0117) 9087000 or send an up to date version of your CV in response to this advert.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.