Technical Service Engineer - Solaris / Linux
Permanent / Contract position
Dublin, Ireland (Remote Working)
Great opportunity to work as Technical Service Engineer role - Solaris / Linux environment for a high profile , well-loved brand within IT Service company, Ireland - Dublin based . Can work remotely also.
- Provides technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance
- Responds to customer questions regarding operation and malfunctions
- Advises customers on preventative maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction
- May supervise other members of the team to support the Team Manager in delivering service/reporting.
- Maintenance and administration of the Solaris and Linux environments
- Proactive monitoring of managed service components
- Resolving issues with vendors including Oracle, EMC and Veritas
- Maintain software and hardware to supported levels, patching/upgrading as required.
- On site debugging of complex hardware and/or software issues
- Support, analysis and proactive monitoring of Network and servers with appropriate software tools and method.
- Proven experience actively working with Solaris and/or Linux in a production operational environment
- Fully familiar with standard operational activity including, scheduling, batch run, backup and recovery, Unix Scripting, User Management and Monitoring.
- Knowledge of the Veritas tool set including Foundation Suite, Clustering and NetBackup.
- Familiarity with the concepts of Unix storage and ideally have worked with SUN/Oracle, EMC or disk storage solutions.
- Well-developed excellent communication skills both written and verbal, proven experience of technical documentation production, can demonstrate technical leadership
- Experience providing consultancy to customers, recommendations and operational improvements etc.
- Experienced in a wide range of technology areas.
- Experienced in most areas of the solution lifecycle.
** To have detailed discussion, kindly share your CV to Deepthi.Praveen@Projectpeople.com **
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Location: Hampshire, England
Technical Product Owner/Business Analyst
Location: Ulster, County Antrim
SAP4/HANA Technical Lead
Service Architect - Telecoms
Location: Reading, Berkshire