|Job Title:||Technical Service Engineer - (AWS / Cloud / Unix / Linux)|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Contact Name:||Tim Shepherd|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Cloud / AWS / Engineer / Unix / Linux / Enterprise / Net backup / Solaris / VMWare
My client is a leading IT Services provider that requires a Technical Engineer with Amazon Web Services experience.
The skillset also requires providing specific support in the area of Enterprise Backup, AWS support and Enterprise and Exchange Vault for several customers and is also involved closely in planning for upgrades or extensions to their backup environments.
These include SMBC, DCC and Quartet and AWS project migration to managed service. Requirement also for VMware, SAN and Unix skills particularly in EMC, RecoverPoint and Solaris.
* Technical Capability. Works within a team as an established systems/product/security specialist (e.g. detailed knowledge of the configuration of interlinked systems, implementing technical changes, building software regimes and contributing technically to service development) to support end users.
* Process. Follows established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
* Service Level. Recognizes opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation for other team members to resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
* Project Work. Works within the team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
* Customer Relationship. Establishes working relationships with customer's organization to deliver and enhance the service.
* Problem Solving. Takes ownership in obtaining the information, evidence and data required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems (new and known), Escalates or gains support where appropriate. Proactively analyzes, trends and reports on information (e.g. on performance service levels) in a timely manner to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
* Team Working. Trains and coaches members of the team to provide knowledge, assistance and advice. Works in a problem solving team to resolve service issues. Able to stand in for team manager.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK&I alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world.
Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
AWS Cloud Engineer x3
Location: London, England
Junior Service Operations Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive daily rate
Service Desk Agent
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Junior Service Operations Manager/Incident Analyst
Location: South East England, England
Customer Service Agent - Fujitsu
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: Up to £10.19 per hour