Technical Services Architect - DV Cleared
Contract or Permanent
My global IT Services client requires a Technical Service Architect on either a contact or permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the design and communication of architectures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions of service delivery processes and tools that meet current and future business needs. Solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. They will provide comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of and are compatible with relevant strategies, policies, standards and practices that exist for my client and the customer.
- Complete responsibility for service design
- Designs larger, more complex service solutions and can manage the work of specialists contributing to the design and implementation
- Using company prescribed methodologies, produces service designs with risk and cost elements that are accepted by the overall Solution Architect or Project Manager
- Defines the approach to larger/more complex solution development and acceptance testing, producing detailed implementation plans
- Manages service designs through implementation, without any requirement for significant design changes
- Shares knowledge with colleagues and makes useful additions to the knowledge base and knowledge-share events
- Experience of service architecture design for major IT systems
- A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques with strong operational understanding of service supply chains
- Self-motivating, objective setting, and with strong negotiating skills
- Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas to senior executives
- The ability to express a pragmatic and thorough design, taking into account any conflicting priorities of the business or Customer
- The ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical documentation, cost models and implementation plans
- The ability to hold a large and diverse design team to a single agreed approach, and to ensure that there are no gaps between the various components.
- ITIL version 3 Practitioner or Expert
- Experience of modelling techniques and tools - process, applications, data and technology
- Experience with Service Desk tools and with Service Automation tools.
Due to the nature of the work, you will need to hold DV clearance prior to starting the role and be willing to go through a higher level of clearance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.