Technical Design Authority - Messaging - Mobile Telecoms - Permanent - Berkshire
This role will establish the technical vision for Core Network Messaging projects and guide a cross-functional team from different organisations to deliver it. The TDA will have accountability for designing and delivering end-to-end solutions for telco services like SMS, MMS, Voicemail, Cell Broadcast, OTA, eSIM/Entitlement.
- Work with internal customers to understand their requirements, devise solutions and assess time and cost to deliver. * Provide the necessary technical leadership to ensure that solutions meet the required business outcomes and target architecture. * Define technical requirements and work with the partner management/procurement team to contract their delivery. * Ensure that the delivery of solutions meets the technical requirements in the timescale needed. * Support the Programme and Project Manager in project planning, risk and issue management and the budgeting process. * Support the Messaging domain manager to build and prioritise 18 month technical and budget roadmap. * Work with partners and colleagues to manage the performance and capacity of the Messaging domain. * Build and manage excellent working relationship with our partners and developing this to meet our current and future needs.
Skills & Experience
Providing techical vision, leadership and governance in a telco domain
- Experience of provding direction to large and complex delivery programmes
- Strong stakeholder and vendor management experience
- Converting business requirements into technical solutions
- Understanding of 3GPP and ETSI standards for mobile networks
- In depth understanding of 3G, 4G and 5G Core Network Architectures including IMS. * In depth understanding of SMS, MMS, Voicemail and OTA SIM Provisioning architecture and service design end-to-end. * Demonstrable experience of architectural and detail design of Core Network solutions in at least two of the following services: SMS, MMS, Voicemail and OTA SIM Provisioning. * An appreciation of Telco Cloud technologies including NFV and SDN and the ability to apply them to the deployment of messaging network functions.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.