|Job Title:||Tech Services Specialist|
|Salary:||Competitive daily rate|
|Duration:||6 month rolling|
|Contact Name:||Tommy Clifford|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Tech Services Specialist
This position would suit a candidate ex-Navy or an individual familiar with the Navy operations and command structure.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to assure legacy Training equipment hosted across 14 sites, are in good working condition. Itemise any raise defects. Assure equipment working and be capable of providing support activities. Work closely with the Due Diligence teams to review the site documentation and assess the equipment for service ability and record any deficiencies. Create an overall report on needed changes and improvements. Covering a number of Naval Training sites with potential travel including Portsmouth, Poole down to Lands' End Cornwall.
Mandatory Skills - Knowledge of Network and Server infrastructure, cabling and configuration of infrastructure within 42 u racks.
VMware Technologies, Core Windows 2012 Server Technology including in depth knowledge of at least 3 :
- Understanding of GPO and Active Directory -DNS -Active Directory -User Account Management -DFS -Analysis of Windows Log Files -SharePoint 2013 -IIS - Microsoft SQL Server - Microsoft Exchange 2010 - Skype for business - WSUS
Cisco and general networking: - Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills - Effective inter-personal skills - Customer service orientation - Ability to work alone whilst under pressure - Enthusiastic team player - Knowledge of networked environments (support, implementation or theory) - Flexible, adaptable & customer-orientated - Ability to perform known, existing implementation solutions, return to baseline configuration of routers and switches if and when required - Ability to work at short notice (within reason) when required away from normal place of work - Security Clearance
Provides varied and complex technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Advises customers on preventive maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction. The role holder works with no supervision and is a knowledge leader with depth of specialization across a wide range of systems. They support less experienced members of the team and wider function in maintaining the availability of the IT service delivered to end users. May supervise other members of the team and act as team manager if needed.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
- Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Leads technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation or workshops.
- Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyzes information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Stands in for the manager if needed.
- Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
- Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Primary Location : GB-GB-Basingstoke
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.