Systems Specialist / 2nd Line Engineer
Type of role: permanent
Start date: ASAP
Our client is among the world's leading global IT service providers and they are now looking for Systems Specialist / 2nd Line Engineer (24/7).
It is a monitoring/escalation type role. The role holder is self-sufficient and has recognized specialist skills in supporting multiple products and systems for multiple customers to maintain the availability of the IT service delivered to end users. The role holder also delivers medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as an established systems/product specialist (e.g. detailed knowledge of the configuration of interlinked systems, implementing technical changes, building software regimes and contributing technically to service development) to support end users.
- Follows established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
- Service Level. Recognises opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation to resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Works within a team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
- Basic Linux skills
- Networking/Server/Infrastructure support experience
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Network Engineer - Permanent - Berkshire/Hampshire
Location: Hampshire, England
First Line Support Agent
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Location: Remote, Europe
Location: Remote, USA
Location: Remote, Global