Systems Specialist Practitioner
Provides varied and complex technical support activities as part of service delivery provision and/or projects deployment, including installation, troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance. Advises customers on preventive maintenance and configuration adjustments to improve product performance and customer satisfaction. The role holder works with no supervision and is a knowledge leader with depth of specialisation across a wide range of systems. They support less experienced members of the team and wider function in maintaining the availability of the IT service delivered to end users. May supervise other members of the team and act as team manager if needed.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
- Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within SLA, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Leads technical implementation of medium to large infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements. Consults in tender stage as a technical expert in complex projects. May give training, presentation or workshops.
- Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyses information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. Stands in for the manager if needed.
- Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
- Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
Qualified to JNCIA/JNCIP/JNCIS levels.
Knowledge of at least 4 of the following network protocols:
- A working knowledge of JUNOS and the Juniper family of routers and switches and firewalls.<BR>
- Knowledge of MSC,TfS and RIO
- Customer focused.
- Team working.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.