System Software Architect
About The Company
My client, based in the Cambridge area, are one of the leading network, telecommunications and mobile technology companies in the world. They looking for an experienced System Software Architect to join their teams and partners internationally to drive the Security Architecture for their Consumer devices.
About The Role
You will collaborate with Open source communities to support HiSilicon SoC for domains like Linux Distributions, Specific kernel subsystems, Drivers, Virtualization, Security etc. Also collaborate with internal teams and community on interfaces between Bios (UEFI / ACIP) and kernel as well as kernel and user space to enable and facilitate up-streaming.
- Design, Develop and evaluate software solutions for new SoC
- Be a long term maintainer to a solution branch or a component such as PCI, filesystem, debug system, storage, network, scheduler, GPU driver, hypervisor, special purpose hardware accelerators etc.
- Work with the internal software and hardware team to improve the efficiency of software ecosystem
About The Person
They are looking for someone who has real experience on an important Linux kernel subsystem for a SoC. Someone who is able to work efficiently in a multi-cultural, multi-site, multi-language and changing environment. Work autonomously and/or as part of a team of technical experts. A creative and Innovative thinker with excellent communication skills.
- Strong hands-on experience on programming on Linux kernel for server, network or mobile product domains
- Good experience and understanding of end to end software platform design
- Experience with open source development tools and collaboration methods (such as git, bugzilla, mailing list, open source licensing etc)
Must be able to exhibit guru-level software development expertise and architectural experience. The expertise should be in any one or more of the following areas:
- System software for ARM on Linux (/arch/arm, /arch/arm64/ in Linux kernel) [Those with strong experience in other architectures e.g. mips/ppc/x86 also of interest]
- BSP and Driver development (Linux 2.6 or later preferred)
- Virtualization (KVM, Qemu, UML(User Mode Linux) etc)
- OS Hardening (Security)
- Kernel Debugging (including low level drivers/performance etc)
- Technologies like Docker, open stack, OpenNFV, storage technologies etc
- Kernel programming for any other specific subsystem/kernel features
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.