Great role working for a company undertaking a major business transformation, underpinned by significant investment in Technology, and the role represents an exciting opportunity to join the Technology team. The position also has great benefits on offer. This is a greenfield project where you can really add value.
This is a great opportunity for a Developer who is keen to move into Solutions Design as this company will provide the training and development required to do this. The role can also be based out of Oxfordshire or Shepherds Bush in London. With flexible working of being in the office 2/3 days a week.
What the role will be doing:
- Translate the overall Enterprise Architecture into solution specific architecture definitions and designs, thereby allowing the Enterprise Architecture vision to be realised
- Solution architecture deliverables will span across Applications, Integration, Data and Infrastructure
- Be part of the governance and review process assisting colleagues by creating/providing policies and patterns which will help inform the design and development processes
- Be part of designing and ensuring the strategic roadmap and all architectural standards for the organisation
- The role uses the overall Enterprise Architecture approach together with technology trends/direction, industry insight and business understanding to create solution approaches, architecture definitions and solution designs
What the role will involve:
- Assist in developing the Technology Strategy by developing roadmaps, diagrams and artefacts that feed into the overall strategy
- Input into and adoption of architectural policies, patterns and standards for all architectural domains: Business, Information, Integration, Application and Infrastructure
- Maintain applicable Architecture Building Blocks and catalogues and ensure that other appropriate parties are updating and maintaining the documentation
- Input and use of appropriate templates for teams to document their designs in a consistent fashion and ensuring that knowledge sharing is performed
- Create solution roadmaps and work with the business to define and agree implementation approaches for these roadmaps
- Assist in strategic planning and budgeting where applicable to the Technology Strategy
- Create conceptual, logical design and physical designs for projects and review the realisation of these by development teams
- Work with information security architect and other technical specialists to incorporate all domains and technical aspects into designs and solution roadmaps
- Raise appropriate risks and maintain technical debt register which are regularly reviewed by TDA
Vendor, partner and contract management
- Assist the Enterprise Architect with technical due diligence on new technology contracts
- Assist in reviewing existing supplier offerings and where they fit on the strategic roadmaps
What we are looking for:
- Solid technical background in at least one domain with good knowledge across the others
- Knowledge of business applications
- Proven track record of delivery and working across all technology domains
- Stakeholder management and influencing with all levels from C-suite minus 1 level to operators
- Commercial understanding and a track record of technology change delivery
- A strategic solution mindset with an up-to-date knowledge of technology and a track record of successful delivery
- Good understanding of applying security by design principles and patterns
- A clear communicator who is comfortable with a variety of audiences and situations
- Focused on realising business value through technology
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - 07796 302988.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.