|Job Title:||Systems Integration Architect / Designer - CORE NETWORK|
|Contact Name:||Sara Rowe|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Systems Integration Architect / Designer - E2E - Mobile Telecoms - CORE NETWORK
We are looking for an individual with exceptional System Integrator skills to work on an E2E network project. You will be expected to show architectural and design leadership and have the relevant experience and knowledge to ensure the end to end technical support capability of complex network integration activities across multiple domains.
The role will focus on leading the support design aspects of a complex multi environment network project through to service launch.
It will require close working with technical teams in Devices, RAN, IP & Transmission, Core, Network Services, OSS, IT, Test, Operations and multiple external partners and vendors where leadership will need to be displayed to facilitate the alignment of the design communities on a common solution.
What makes this role unique?
We are looking for an End to End (E2E) Design Engineer who can understand how to support new networks and services, identify and help resolve any challenges with the new service, identify options to support the new service and specify the high level design for all levels of network support.
A flexible approach is needed to understand both how services work, but then how they can break and how the breakage can be detected and corrected.
What does the role involve?
- Support and lead the architecture and design of support aspects of projects from initial scoping processes to full deployment process
- Drive integration with both external and internal partners to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Contribute to the definition and review of Business Requirements
- Produce functional specifications to support new support service requirements and champion re-use of existing capabilities where appropriate.
- Translate Business and Service requirements
- Support the production of business cases for new services when required.
- Solve end-to-end design challenges that have significant interaction between multiple systems or domains
- Produce end to end requirements and designs of a high quality by applying best design practices; ensuring solutions are simple, cost effective, performant and scalable.
- Work alongside cross-functional delivery teams including outsourced teams and Managed Service Partners and vendors to support delivery throughout the development lifecycle and ensure solutions are delivered into the production network on time and meet the operational acceptance criteria
- Work collaboratively with the internal business departments and delivery teams to understand business requirements and formulate solutions to meet technology solutions which span multiple technical functional areas.
- Support the business in assessing the technical feasibility and end-to-end impact of new revenue or cost saving opportunities
- Keep abreast of technical and mobile industry developments
The type of person we are looking for?
- Extensive mobile telecoms experience with a proven record of working on complex projects across multiple domains as a technical lead with responsibility for the end to end design.
- Able to demonstrate the ability and adaptability to identify and describe complex technical solutions and challenges to technical and non-technical stakeholders in terms suitable for the target audience.
- Track record of effectively managing interfaces to external partners such as our Managed Service partners.
- Capability and willingness to quickly learn (technical, process and culture)
- Have demonstrable experience and knowledge of good practice project management skills, techniques and methods.
- Ability to influence and persuade senior management, shareholder representatives and senior counterparties.
- Effective stakeholder and communication skills applicable at all levels including CxO
- An effective communicator and presenter, with the ability to build relationships at all levels across the business.
- Full system & product development lifecycle knowledge including strategy, requirements management, architecture, design, implementation, testing, integration and deployment.
- Demonstrable skills and expert knowledge of six or more of the areas outlined below:
- Mobile Data Core architecture - 3G / 4G (LTE) / 5G (NSA) - Mobile Voice Core architecture - 3G / 4G (LTE) - IMS (VoLTE and eWiFi) - Mobile Network Service Control layer and Messaging - OSS - RAN - 3G / 4G (LTE) / 5G (NSA) - Devices-Telco Cloud Technologies, including NFV and SDN - Traffic Enforcement/Management Solutions - IP & Transmission - Security with knowledge of TSR as well as experience of managing Security Frameworks and Policies
- -Cell Broadcast Technology
Nice to have
- An honours (or higher) degree in Engineering.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Health & Safety Advisor - Mobile Telecoms
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Location: Gloucestershire, England
Infrastructure Strategy Manager - IT / Telco Cloud
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Site Design Specialist - 3G/4G/5G Site Design / Quality / Audit
Location: Berkshire, England
Structural Design Engineer - Telco Passive Infrastructure
Location: Berkshire, England