Theale - Reading
About The Company
My client, based in Reading, Berkshire, are a trusted and credible partner to some of the biggest telecoms companies in the UK, delivering and managing the best network infrastructure. They manage the network sites for companies including the consolidation of sites to create a single grid and are responsible for maintaining and managing the infrastructure assets and sites across the UK. They are looking for a Systems Developer to join their Agile IT Team.
About The Role
This role will be reporting into the BI Programme Manager to be responsible for the technical development and support for delivery of Business Intelligence systems to meet business requirements.
- Working with IT demand, design and project management, respond to new functionality development requirements to be reviewed and agreed with the client. New functionality development requirements will be undertaken, implemented and tested to guideline standards within agreed timescale.
- Ensure all developments are undertaken in a controlled development environment and are release controlled to representative test environments for System and user testing to enhance the quality of final releases to production.
- Provide technical support on owned systems and respond to support requests during core hours. Analyse the reported issue and report suitable resolutions/development requirements or workarounds and implement a suitable resolution where possible.
- To support and contribute actively to health and safety, environmental, business continuity and information security arrangements that meets our obligations to our customers to ensure all systems and developments meet the IT security requirements
About The Person
Skills & Experience Required:
- Extensive development experience in the design and development of Business Intelligence systems
- Deep technical skills in Microsoft development toolset
- Experience of building/maintaining data warehouse in both establish environment as well as Greenfield
- Experience directly managing user's requirements and translating them into systems requirements
- Extensive experience of building and troubleshooting automated ETL routines
- Extensive knowledge of building reports to customer requirements
- Advanced SSRS
- Strong MS SQL Server
- Advanced MS SSIS
- Experience in PaaS MS Data Factory
- Experience of SSRS
- Experience of MS Azure virtual environments
- Experience of VBA
If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply and I will aim to get back with 48 hours. Alternatively, you can contact me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.