|Job Title:||Systems Administrator - BS2000 Mainframe|
|Contact Name:||Cassandre Butcher|
|Job Published:||16 days ago|
Systems Administrator - BS2000 Mainframe is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 6 months rolling contract on a two year piece of work, to be based in Hendon, London.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- The successful applicant will be a Systems Administrator with strong BS2000 Mainframe experience
- BS2000 OSD/BC V11.0 and V10.0
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Monitor datacentre health using pre-existing management tools and respond to hardware issues as they arise; help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates; support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered. If you would like further details, please contact me on; in/cassandrebutcheruk.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.