Our client, a leading name within the IT services arena are currently looking to recruit an experienced Systems Administrator to join their team.
- Proactive monitoring of managed service components
- Preventative maintenance
- Day to day maintenance and administration of the Solaris and Linux environments
- Maintenance and administration of NetBackup and Commvault environments
- Resolving issues with vendors including Oracle, EMC and Veritas
- Manage faults reactively, diagnosing and resolving faults when they arise
- Draft and implement agreed Change Requests
- Maintain software and hardware to supported levels, patching/upgrading as required.
- Installation, integration and maintenance and administration of central services.
- Handling complex escalated technical customer or partner issues.
- On site debugging of complex hardware and/or software issues
- Support, analysis and proactive monitoring of Network and servers with appropriate software tools and method.
Competencies (Knowledge/Skills/ Experience) - Mandatory:
- 5+ years proven experience actively working with Solaris and/or Linux in a production operational environment
- Fully familiar with standard operational activity including, scheduling, batch run, backup and recovery, Unix Scripting, User Management and Monitoring.
- Knowledge of the Veritas tool set including Foundation Suite, Clustering and NetBackup.
- Familiarity with the concepts of Unix storage and ideally have worked with SUN/Oracle, EMC disk storage.
- Well-developed excellent communication skills both written and verbal, proven experience of technical documentation production, can demonstrate technical leadership
- Experience providing consultancy to customers, recommendations and operational improvements etc.
- IT Certifications, good technical training background
Competencies (Knowledge/Skills/ Experience) - Optional:
- Cloud technologies including AWS and Azure
- Enterprise Vault experience
- Audit background including SOX
- CISSP or other security equivalent qualification
- Exposure to Corporate Anti-Virus Solutions
- Smart Cards / Tokens
- Understands Social Hacking Techniques
- Penetration Testing
- Exposure to Intrusion detection software and Appliances.
- Knowledge of Cisco / Juniper / or other networks vendors
- Securing Wireless LAN's and Access points
- RSA (Radius / Tokens) or similar product
- Tripwire or Real Secure
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Senior Project Manager-
Security Architect - Contract - Hampshire
Location: Hampshire, England
Warehouse Operative / Operator
Location: Warrington, Cheshire
Salary: Up to £9.50 per hour