- General systems administration
- Manage the AX, Atlas, AXtensions user access and licencing
- Administer AX functional security/permissions, own the functional security model, ensure that it enforces the required financial controls within the system
- Responsible for system-wide configuration and set-up with on-going maintenance as required by the business (GL accounts and offsets, financial dimensions, charge codes, journal set-up, methods of payment, bank accounts, etc)
- Taking a lead in the planning and managing of system-wide functions: month-end, year-end, system data auditing/archiving etc
- Non-production environment management - controlling the version configuration and use of non-Live environments such that they are in the correct state for the support, development or testing that they are being used
- To ensure that all reports from the AX system are complete and accurate, and picking up the correct numbers e.g. for the trial balance report.
- To provide all information requested from AX by internal or external auditors.
- Lead performance benchmark testing and key performance indicator (KPI) documentation.
- JD-AX system interface monitoring and control
- To ensure the integrity of all of the numbers in the AX system, through ensuring the completeness and accuracy of all of the numbers which come into the accounts system from sales booking system, including checking the interface logs, and following up on queries etc.
- Daily monitoring of the five interfaces between AX and JD
o Use of admin-only system tools to review the results of the sales, cost-of-sales, customer receipt, supplier details, FX rates, and supplier payments interfaces
o recording and reviewing interface timings to ensure that the required performance is maintained over time
- Daily logging, investigation and resolution of errors/warnings captured by the interface validation including liaising with ibrl and technical staff and/or finance/sales staff where user-entered AX/JD is the root cause.
- Documenting the necessary resolution steps for any issues/errors for which a support procedure doesn't already exist in the interface support library
- Designing and managing the implementation of enhanced interface reconciliation reporting.
- Systems support
- Providing support to the finance users in their daily procedures using all AX modules (Accounts payable; Accounts receivable; General ledger; Project management and accounting; System administration), AXtensions and Atlas including imports (supplier invoice and statement uploads, bank reconciliation, manual journals) and exports (bank payment files).
- Becoming the "go to" person for all members of the finance, IT and sales teams on any functional questions about the financial systems.
- Managing and executing the finance system support process:
o Day-to-day relationship management with finance systems third party support providers - most notably ibrl
o Designing, documenting, maintaining, communicating and monitoring adherence to the support workflow within and third party providers up until the point of issue resolution.
o Providing first-line support to the finance team, triaging issues on the Finance helpdesk, transferring/logging issue for second-line support and supporting third parties with any information or set-up required for them to resolve issue
o Owning the issue and defect management process for the AX system ensuring objectives with the ibrl support agreement are met.
- Designing disaster (DR) recovery procedures and specifying DR infrastructure. Implementing and testing DR processes subject to investment approval.
- Process support
- Owning the finance process and procedures library:
- Collation of existing documentation into a standard framework
- Creation of documentation for any processes or procedures that have yet to be document with the help of the project subject matter experts (SMEs) and business analysts (BAs) as well as the ibrl functional consultants (FCs).
- Designing new processes and procedures as part of change management
- To design and lead the training of all finance staff on how to use AX most effectively
- Change management
- Managing the resolution of any outstanding issues in the AX system that were present at go-live or were raised after go-live up until the transition into business-as-usual.
- Managing the completion of deliverables that were in the scope of the phase 1 AX implementation project but were omitted from the go-live (Project dimension update tool, consolidation setup, HSBC bank setup, outstanding report development) or additional stabilisation work (functional security review, FX revaluation review/documentation, system auditing etc)
- Driving further process improvements and related systems enhancements that leverage the potential of AX implementation
- Assess any changes requested by the business in terms of their impact to the AX solution (business requirement, changes to interfacing systems) etc
- Manage upgrades/changes to the system including scoping, providing the business case, specifying the changes, liaising with developers during development, testing, implementation and training
- Ensuring strict adherence to version control and configuration management processes used during the implementation project and establishing changes to these processes relevant for live operations
- Managing all releases to the finance system
- To support the Group Financial Controller on all ad hoc work and projects relating to the financial systems.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: Competitive salary + benefits
IT SUPPORT ANALYST - 1st & 2nd Line
Location: Oxfordshire, England
IT System Administrator
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Software Test Engineer - Tester - Space Division - Bristol
Location: Bristol, England
Salary: £30000 - £60000 per annum
SAP Master Data Functional Consultant - S/4 Hana - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire