System Software Architect required for a leading global ICT infrastructure solutions provider, to be based in their Cambridge site.
Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, they have established end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
Competitive salary + annual bonus (potentially up to an equivalent of 2 month salary )
Pension (6% company contribution / 3% employee)
Private medical cover for employee
25 days holiday + Bank Holiday
- Design, Develop and evaluate software solutions for new SoC
- Be a long term maintainer to a solution branch or a component such as PCI, filesystem, debug system, storage, network, scheduler, GPU driver, hypervisor, special purpose hardware accelerators etc.
- Collaborate with Open source communities to support domains like Linux Distributions, Specific kernel subsystems, Drivers, Virtualization, Security etc
- Collaborate with internal teams and community on interfaces between Bios (UEFI / ACIP) and kernel as well as kernel and user space
- Enable and facilitate up-streaming
- Work with the internal software and hardware team to improve the efficiency of software ecosystem
Critical Success Factors
- Experience on a Linux kernel subsystem for a SoC
- Excellent communication (both oral and written English, Chinese Language is a bonus, but not mandatory at all)
- Bs/Ms/BE in computer Science or similar with 5+ years of experience in software development on Linux platforms
- Strong hands-on experience on programming on Linux kernel for server, network or mobile product domains
- Good experience and understanding of end to end software platform design
- Good understanding of overall Linux kernel architecture
- Experience with open source development tools and collaboration methods (such as git, bugzilla, mailing list, open source licensing etc)
- Must be able to exhibit guru-level software development expertise and architectural experience. The expertise should be in any one or more of the following areas:
- System software for ARM on Linux (/arch/arm, /arch/arm64/ in Linux kernel) [Those with strong experience in other architectures e.g. mips/ppc/x86 also of interest]
- BSP and Driver development (Linux 2.6 or later preferred)
- Virtualization (KVM, Qemu, UML(User Mode Linux) etc)
- Network stack
- File systems and distributed file systems
- Performance (Bandwidth and system performance)
- OS Hardening (Security)
- Kernel Debugging (including low level drivers/performance etc)
- Technologies like Docker, open stack, OpenNFV, storage technologies etc
- Kernel programming for any other specific subsystem/kernel features
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.