|Job Title:||System Software Architect|
|Contact Name:||Jason Ying|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
System Software Architect
Our Client is looking to recruit an additional senior member for the team in the UK, with extensive existing experience of working in a relevant area and a desire to work closely with the open source community (existing experience is obviously great!).
This person needs to be:
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously.
- Able to work efficiently in a multi-cultural, multi-site, multi-language and rapidly changing environment. This may involve managing small focused teams.
- Enthusiastic about working within the open source community and able to shine within that environment.
- Able to grasp end to end platform design and understand the relevance to low-level components.
- An excellent communicator (Chinese Language is a bonus, but not necessary or common in the existing team).
- Interested in getting their hands dirty when needed. The team does not separate the roles of architect from that of implementation. Both reviewing and writing of code are central parts of the role.
Possible areas of existing expertise include:
- Core architecture and support for upcoming architecture features, either ARM64 or other architectures (x86, MIPS, PPC, etc)
- A major Linux kernel subsystem, e.g. Storage, networking, special purpose accelerators etc.
- Kernel spanning topics such as vitalisation, OS hardening, system performance,
- Practical low-level architecture knowledge.
- Micro-architecture focused compiler optimisation.
- BS/MS/BE in Computer Science or a similar subject with 5+ years of appropriate experience.
- Right to work in the UK.
Offers a competitive salary and generous benefits including
- Group Personal Pension Scheme and life cover (subject to age and earnings)
- Private medical insurance and Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 public days
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working
- Gym with subsidised membership
Please contact Heaven Paterson to apply: Heaven.Paterson@projectpeople.com, Mobile: 07931 672 182
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.