System Software Architect
- Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
- Based in Cambridge
Our client is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through their dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, they have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
- Design, Develop and evaluate software solutions for new SoC.
- Be a long term maintainer to a solution branch or a component such as PCI, filesystem, debug system, storage, network, scheduler, GPU driver, hypervisor, special purpose hardware accelerators etc.
- Collaborate with Open source communities to support SoC for domains like Linux Distributions, Specific kernel subsystems, Drivers, Virtualization, Security etc.
- Collaborate with internal teams and community on interfaces between stands for Basic Input Output System and kernel as well as kernel and user space.
- Enable and facilitate up-streaming.
- Work with the internal software and hardware team to improve the efficiency of software ecosystem.
- Experience in software development on Linux platforms.
- Strong hands-on experience on programming on open-source monolithic Unix-like computer operating system, network or mobile product domains.
- Good experience and understanding of end to end software platform design.
- Good understanding of overall system architecture.
- Experience with open source development tools and collaboration methods.
- Must be able to exhibit guru-level software development expertise and architectural experience.
- Degree educated or above, preferably in IT, Computer Science and Engineering or a related major.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.